Pharra

Friday, February 23, 2007

Big Huge Hope

Ken Rolston, recently retired designer of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Morrowind, among many other credits (including the pen and paper RPG Paranoia and a fiction book), was tempted out of retirement by Big Huge Games, makers of Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends, to lead an un-named RPG.

Tim Train of BHG said it wasn't too hard to lure Rolston back into the fray. “I think to some extent that Ken missed being in the industry. I think he missed the rough-and-tumble of game development.”

I am happy that Big Huge Games is doing so well. Bioware, presumably, is still kicking, but we're at the doldrums where I see nothing come out. They've mostly gone console and I don't own those things. Well, nothing new. The Wii is my daughters', and other than family multiplayer, I never touch it.

No comments: